Summer in our neighborhood means the kiddos are playing together from sunup to sundown. Once school starts, we will have a ringing doorbell from the moment the school bus drops its load of chattering kiddos. I’m always looking for a sweet treat to share with our littlest visitors, and it’s a bonus if it’s healthy. Bigger bonus if mamas can share it too, and these strawberry mojito popsicles fit the bill perfectly. It’s creamy, decadent, power-packed with nutrients, and a it’s a cool, sweet treat.
If you’re like me, and a craving for cold, bright ingredients isn’t limited to the summer months, you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe instead. Be sure to use a high-powered blender or let them thaw slightly before blending. Because it’s completely free of added sweeteners, it is also a “go” for anyone trying to limit sugars.
There are plenty of times I whip up a batch of popcorn or hand over the snip-off-dollar-store variety of frozen pops. And plenty of other times, my kiddos benefit from the sweet generosity of our neighbor mamas. But if you’re feeling creative, this recipe is a simple one to make for a small, healthy indulgence.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup full-fat, canned coconut milk
- 1 generous cup fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 1/3 cup dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or blender.
- Using a stick blender or your regular blender, process just until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze overnight and serve.
- *To loosen frozen pops from molds, run mold under warm water for several seconds.
Like this recipe? Leave a comment below, or please share!
Like what you're reading?
Get Sal et Lux updates and resources in your inbox and get my "3 Tips for Meaningful Hospitality" as my gift to you!