I’m also a wife,
a momma of five, a big dreamer, and an encourager.
On my perfect day, I’d be
- sipping some kind of fruity, spicy tea (but not Rooibos for some reason),
with leather-scented candles lit,
- listening to acoustic on guitar (preferably, with one of my sons playing it),
- deep in discussion with my man,
my kiddos, or a sweet girlfriend… or better yet,
- with my nose deep in a good book.
Most days though, I’ll be
- doing laundry,
- studying alongside my kiddos,
- dreaming up a new recipe (and trying it on unsuspecting guests),
- creating a new (preferably, inexpensive) project for our house (ok, starting it, then asking my husband to finish it!),
- opening my home to a fellow momma, a young lady or older-woman friend,
- or a “borrowed” neighbor kiddo or sports teammate to one of our kids,
using food and atmosphere as outlets for sharing God’s love.
And really, those are the perfect days.
Sal et Lux
is “Salt and Light” in Latin.
It’s how God describes His people, and it’s how I long to live… bringing beauty, and spice, and preserving all that is good, in my little space in this world.
Sal et Lux is also the place I’m writing about food, hospitality/design, & soulful living, in order to challenge & encourage other women to live with
intentionality and creativity in their environment,
so that we can offer the seasoning and light our God first gave to us.
Welcoming others into our homes and to our tables is a powerful vehicle for gospel living. Our homes can go from pretty artistic displays to
gathering places for real-life conversation; our meals transformed to opportunities to whet the appetite for a fulfilled soul. I hope you’ll find in me a kindred spirit…
that you’ll be inspired to
create beautiful things, with a whimsical heart…
unburdened from earthly expectation, and sharing them with others in love.
Like what you're reading?
Get Sal et Lux updates and resources in your inbox and get my "3 Tips for Meaningful Hospitality" as my gift to you!